yeSSSSSSSSSSS! It is Valentine’s day. What do you all think of this holiday. Well I know- it inspires me to make my 2 favorite things in the world. CHOCOLATE AND PEANUT BUTTER. I def can’t go a day without eating the other. But remember- everything is in moderation and I make sure to fit it in daily calorie allotment. I mean if I had to go a day without the 2-I would not be a HAPPY person. I make a point to always have a nutritious breakfas lunch, and dinner, so I can indulge little and make my healthy desserts. Well today for VALENTINES DAY
I made my favorite cake- but healthy!!! Try it and let me know what you think
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 5 minutes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sugar substitute (or less) or can substitute 1/4-1/2 honey
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1-1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed meal
- 16 oz. plain yogurt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten- or egg whites= 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2/3 cup creamy or crunchy peanut butter
- 2/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix flours, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. In a large bowl, beat butter, flaxseed meal, yogurt, eggs and vanilla together with an electric mixer. On low speed, add dry ingredients, beating until incorporated. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 40-45 minutes until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove cake from oven and immediately spread peanut butter over top, allowing the heat of the cake to melt the peanut butter into a soft, spreadable frosting. Sprinkle chocolate chips over peanut butter. Using a knife, swirl chocolate chips and peanut butter together. Makes 18 servings of healthy chocolate peanut butter cake.