Flax meal in banana bread say whhhaaat? Yes. It has a nutty flavor and makes it that much more nutritious and gives great flavor. Plus the health benefits of flax meal are phenomenal. It may be tiny, but it’s mighty: The flax seed carries one of the biggest nutrient payloads on the planet. And while it’s not technically a grain, it has a similar vitamin and mineral profile to grains, while the amount of fiber, antioxidants, and Omega 3 fatty acids in flax leaves grains in the dust.
Additionally, flax seed is very low in carbohydrates, making it ideal for people who limit their intake of starches and sugars. And its combination of healthy fat and high fiber content make it a great food for weight loss and maintenance — many dieters have found that flax seed has been a key to keeping them feeling satisfied.
I use Bob Mills Flaxseed meal.
Now to the health nanner bread.
PEANUT BUTTER BANANA FLAX MEAL BREAD!
- 3 ripened bananas
- 1/3 CUP UNSWEETENED ALMOND MILK
- 2 egg WHITES (I used organic, alternatively you could use flax eggs to make this vegan)
- Herbalife FORMULA 1 VANILLA PROTEIN POWDER- 2 SCOOPS
- 1/4 cup BOB Mills FLAXSEED MEAL
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 3/4 cup spelt flour (or whole wheat or white flour)
- 1/2 cup oats ground
- 1/2 cup oats (whole) (or you can keep the entire cup whole)
- 3 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 TBS WATER
- 1/2 cup natural KREMA CREAMY peanut butter
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (OPTIONAL)
2. Add FLAXMEAL, chia seeds, oats, banana, egg, , spelt flour, and almond milk to a large bowl. Mix well.
5. Grease muffin pan.
6. Spoon batter into pan.